According to the local news a guy was grilling on his deck when the propane tank caught on fire, apparently a gas leak. We got there just 10 minutes after the fire had started and one unit was completely destroyed with the second one burning. This is a block of five units and the fire started in either the first or second unit from the right.
There were no injuries and the firefighters were able to get it under control pretty quickly and keep it from spreading beyond the third unit. One firefighter can be seen laying on the ground and being tended to by others but I believe he was able to get up on his own. Quick work by the firefighters kept this disaster minimized.
The townhomes (in better days) are here:
This is approximately where I'm filming from:
Included a picture from the block of townhomes behind the fire showing the melted vinyl siding.
|Liveleak on Facebook|