Corruption of the Courts – the Roaring Silence of the Jewish Community
When government is corrupted, religious, academic, and voluntary organizations should try to fill the void, in effort to restore civil society. It is such times that test the mettle… Rebuke of judicial corruption was central to the message of the Hebrew prophets.
Los Angeles, May 27 – “Many families I know have sent their children to the Los Angeles Shalhevet School since its inception,” says Joseph Zernik, PhD, of Human Rights Alert (NGO). But Interim Head of School Nathan Reynolds would not respond, when Zernik asks for the School’s Judaic Studies staff perspective: [[i]]
Should the Shalhevet School be considered a direct beneficiary of gains from racketeering in the courts by Sandor Samuels, former Chief Legal Officer of Countrywide and former Associate General Counsel of Bank of America, who is listed as a Member of the Board?
“I have known Rabbi Wexler and his family for a few years,” says Zernik. Regardless, Wexler, who heads the American Jewish University, Los Angeles, and the Ziegler School of Rabbinic Studies refuses to respond: [[ii]]
Should Robert Wexler, the American Jewish University, Los Angeles, and the Ziegler School of Rabbinic Studies be considered direct beneficiaries of gains from racketeering in the courts by Sandor Samuels, listed as a Member of the Board?
“I used to donate to the Los Angeles Jewish Federation,” says Zernik, “I even volunteered to do some fund- raising once” But neither the Los Angeles Jewish Federation, nor Bet Tzedek, its affiliate, would answer on similar questions.
Instead, he says he got some angry missives. “This job is too important to leave it for outsiders. When government is corrupted, religious, academic, and voluntary organizations should try to fill the void, in effort to restore civil society. It is such times that test the mettle…”
The roaring silence of the Jewish community
Others, who have refused to respond on related questions included:
* Harvard Law Professor Yochai Benkler [[iii]]
* Rabbi Jonathan Bernhard and Adat Ari El, Valley Village [[iv]]
* Rabbi Sharon Brous, Ikar Synagogue, Los Angeles
* Rabbi Chaim Nochum Cunin, Chabad, Los Angeles
* The Anti Defamation League’s (ADL) National Director Abraham Foxman [[v]]
* Rabbi Susan Leider, Temple Betham, Los Angeles
* Rabbi Michael Lerner, Tikkun Magazine [[vi]]
* University of Chicago Law Professor and US Circuit Judge Richard Posner [[vii]]
* Harvard Computer Science Professor Michael Rabin [[viii]]
* Rabbi Chaim Seidler-Feller, UCLA Hillel [[ix]]
* UCLA Law Professor Richard Steinberg, who heads the UCLA Human Rights Forum [[x]]
“The roaring silence of the ADL regarding corruption of the Los Angeles Jewish-legal community is particularly surprising,” says Zernik “They are not gun shy…”
Bet Tzedek, the Los Angeles “House of Justice”, headed by Samuels is a front for racketeering enterprise.
In recent years Zernik has documented corruption of Bet Tzedek, the Los Angeles “House of Justice”, an affiliate of the Los Angeles Jewish Federation, where Samuels is President. “It has become a front for a racketeering enterprise,” Zernik says.
Sandor Samuels, President of the Bet Tzedek, is the former Chief Legal Officer of Countrywide, where he described himself as “responsible for all litigation matters.” He was also until recently Associate General Counsel of Bank of America.
“Any sensible person, living in the US and following the news should recognize what is taking place in front of our eyes,” says Zernik:
* In January 2008 Countrywide collapsed, following the publication by the New York Times Pulitzer prize winner Morgenson of fraud by Countrywide's counsel in the US Court in Pennsylvania - filing of "recreated letters" as evidence. [[xi]]
* In March 2008 news was published that the Hon Jeff Bohm, of the US Bankruptcy Court in Texas, issued a 72-page Memorandum Opinion, based on a yearlong study by the US Trustee's office, detailing fraud by Countrywide in courts across the United States. [[xii]] According to the Memorandum Opinion, Countrywide promised the Hon Bohm to cease such conduct.
* The evidence shows that Mr Samuels nevertheless continued the same conduct in the courts as Associate General Counsel of Bank of America until very recently. [[xiii]]
* Fraud in the courts against homeowners across the United States by Bank of America has been repeatedly reported over the past two years.
The report of the Hon Jeff Bohm from Texas is unique, because it is a case, where a US judge stood up to the corruption. However, the report also documents that judges across the United States collude in the corruption. Likewise, the evidence produced by Zernik documented collusion of numerous Los Angeles judges, many of them Jewish, in the corruption.
“Sandor Samuels is central to one of the biggest frauds in history against homeowners, against shareholders, and against the US Treasury,” says Zernik, “Widespread bribing of state and US judges by Countrywide and Bank of America is most likely a key part of it.” [[xiv],[xv]]
Samuels has most likely been the central figure in such widespread bribing of judges by Countrywide and Bank of America.
“Samuels has been using Bet Tzedek – the Los Angeles ‘House of Justice’ – as a front for a racketeering enterprise,” says Zernik, “and the Greater Los Angeles Jewish Federation has been aware of it in recent years.”
A highly decorated FBI veteran opined fraud and recommended FBI investigation in a case, which was in part perpetrated by Samuels in his capacity as President of Bet Tzedek on the grounds of Bet Tzedek. The case involved collusion by current and former officers of Bet Tzedek: [[xvi]]
* SANDOR SAMUELS, current and former President;
* DAVID PASTERNAK, former President (possibly current member of the Board of Directors)
* TERRY FRIEDMAN, former Executive Director.
The same FBI veteran explained that FBI would not take action against the perpetrators, since they were part of the widespread corruption of Los Angeles judges. [[xvii]]
Evidence pertaining to corruption of Samuels, Pasternak, and Friedman was also part of the evidence that led to the 2010 Human Rights Council of the United Nations report, which stated “corruption of the courts and the legal profession” in California. [[xviii]]
Complaint pertaining to racketeering by Pasternak and the Los Angeles Superior Court has recently been posted by the International Criminal Bar, [[xix]] and presentations on the subject were included in the program of the 16th World Criminology Congress. [[xx],[xxi]]
Corruption of the courts is central to the ongoing financial crisis
The New York Times Pulitzer prize winner Morgenson has repeatedly questioned the failure of the US government to prosecute banking executives in the ongoing financial crisis. [[xxii]]
“Corruption of judges and clerks has reached a level never seen for a century, and it is at the core of the current financial crisis,” says Zernik, “Banking executives are effectively immune.
However, refusal of the US government to take action is no excuse for the Los Angeles Jewish community to provide the front for racketeers. Rebuke of judicial corruption was central to the message of the Hebrew prophets.”
[i] 11-05-22 Request for Jewish ethics perspective by the Shalhevet School Judaic Studies staff regarding benefits from racketeering in the courts by Countrywide's Sandor Samuels
[ii] 11-05-18 Request for Jewish Ethics Perspective by Rabbi Robert Wexler, President of the American Jewish University, Los Angeles, regarding his benefits from racketeering by Countrywide's Sandor Samuels
[iii] 11-04-14 PRESS RELEASE: Harvard Law Professor Yochai Benkler has been asked to review the evidence of large-scale computer fraud in the US courts
[iv] 11-05-18 PRESS RELEASE: Rabbi Jonathan Bernhard and Adat Ari El, Valley Village – willful beneficiaries of Sandor Samuels’ criminality
[v] 11-05-05 PRESS RELEASE: Anti Defamation League’s Abraham Foxman is asked to opine on allegations of Public Corruption, Racketeering in the Los Angeles Jewish/Legal Community
[vi] 11-05-10 PRESS RELEASE: Tikkun’s Rabbi Lerner’s Response on Additional Jewish Ethics Questions Related to "Corruption of the Courts and the Legal Profession”
[vii] 11-05-09 PRESS RELEASE: Richard Posner, University of Chicago Law Professor, Asked for Ethics Opinions Regarding Racketeering in the Los Angeles Courts, Bet Tzedek, and ADL
[viii] Michael Rabin refused to respond on questions similar to those provided to Prof Yochai Benkler.
[ix] 11-05-13 PRESS RELEASE: Los Angeles Rabbis Sharon Brous (Ikar Synagogue), Chaim Nochum Cunin (Chabad), Susan Leider (Temple Betham), Chaim Seidler-Feller (UCLA Hillel) are Asked to Opine on Fraud/Racketeering in the Courts by Jewish attorneys and judges
[x] 11-05-07 Press Release - UCLA Law Professor Richard Stein Berg, A Human Rights Expert, Is Asked to Opine Regarding Human Rights in Los Angeles, California
[xi] 08-01-08 Case of Borrower Hills (01-22574) - in the US Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh. Countrywide's Three "Recreated Letters" and a Transcript
[xii] 08-03-05 Case of Borrower William Parsley (05-90374), Dkt #248: Judge Jeff Bohm's Memorandum Opinion, rebuking Countrywide's litigation practices, Countrywide's false outside counsel scheme - appearances by counsel who are not Counsel of Record, with "no communications with clients" clause:
[xiii] 10-07-06 Complaint Filed with US Attorney Office Los Angeles against Sandor Samuels and others, alleging Racketeering
[xiv] 09-00-00 Pahis, S: Corruption in Our Courts: What It Looks Like and Where It is Hidden, The Yale Law Journal, 118:1900 (2009)
[xv] The judges of Los Angeles County were found to have taken “not permitted payments” (“bribes”), which required the signing of “retroactive immunities” (“pardons”), and inexplicable financials, related to secretive corporations controlled by the Los Angeles judges have been documented for over a decade.
11-01-07 Superior Court of Los Angeles County, California: Widespread Public Corruption and Refusal of US Department of Justice to Take Action
[xvi] 07-12-17 Samaan v Zernik (SC087400) David Pasternak: Grant Deeds in re: 320 South Peck Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90212, opined as fraud by James Wedick
[xvii] 08-08-21 Samaan v Zernik (SC087400) Email letter by highly decorated FBI veteran James Wedick regarding FBI’s refusal to provide Dr Zernik equal protection
[xviii] 10-04-19 Human Rights Alert (NG0) submission to the United Nations Human Rights Council for the 2010 Review (UPR) of Human Rights in the United States as incorporated into the UPR staff report, with reference to "corruption of the courts and the legal profession".
[xix] Racketeering complaint against Attorney David Pasternak, the Los Angeles Superior Court as posted by the International Criminal Bar (ICB)
[xx] Zernik, J: Fraud and Corruption in US Courts are Tightly Linked to Banking Fraud and the Global Economic Crisis, 16th World Criminology Congress
[xxi] Zernik, J: Corruption of the Courts and the Legal Profession in California Noted in a 2010 United Nations Report, 16thWorld Criminology Congress
[xxii] 11-04-21 PRESS RELEASE: NYT: "In Financial Crisis, No Prosecutions of Top Figures" - Because of widespread corruption of the justice system, they are effectively immune
Joseph Zernik, PhD
Human Rights Alert (NGO)
Human Rights Alert - NGO
Human Rights Alert is dedicated to discovering, archiving, and disseminating evidence of Human Rights violations by the justice systems of the State of California and the United States in Los Angeles County, California, and beyond. Human Rights Alert focuses on the unique role of computerized case management systems in the precipitous deterioration of the integrity of the justice system in the United States.
Locations of visitors to this page
Flag Counter: 119
Total Reads: 429,060
Total Item Views: 339,338
WHAT DID THE EXPERT SAY ABOUT THE CURRENT FINANCIAL CRISIS?
* "...a system in which only the little people have to obey the law, while the rich, and bankers especially, can cheat and defraud without consequences."
Prof Paul Krugman, MIT (2011)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit."
Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted."
Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
* "Innocent people remain in prison"
* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."
LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?
* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California."
United Nations Human Rights Council Staff Report (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE STATE COURTS IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."
Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES?
* "More than 100 law professors have signed on to a letter released today that proposes congressional hearings and legislation aimed at fashioning "mandatory and enforceable" ethics rules for Supreme Court justices for the first time. The effort, coordinated by the liberal Alliance for Justice, was triggered by "recent media reports," the letter said, apparently referring to stories of meetings and other potential conflicts of interest involving Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas among others."
More than 100 law professors, as reported by the Blog of the Legal Times (February 2011)
WHAT DID CHIEF JUDGE OF THE US COURT OF APPEALS, 5TH CIRCUIT, SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* "The American legal system has been corrupted almost beyond recognition..."
Chief Judge, US Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, Edith Jones, speaking before the Federalist Society of Harvard Law School (February 2003)
WHAT DID THE CHAIR OF THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* In a speech in Georgetown University, Senator Leahy, Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee called for a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" on the US Department of Justice.
Transcript of Senator Leahy speech (2009)
In: World News, Other News, Politics, LiveLeaks, Citizen Journalism
Tags: Judicial Corruption, Los Angeles County, California, Bank of America Corporation, US integrity/financial crisis
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States (load item map)
Marked as: approved
Views: 8090 | Comments: 1 | Votes: 0 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 0 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 4
|Liveleak on Facebook|