Police have condemned a wave of "copycat criminal activity" across London in a second night of looting and disorder following riots in Tottenham. More than 100 people have been arrested as officers were attacked, police vehicles damaged and shops looted and damaged in parts of London.
Disorder spread to Enfield, Walthamstow and Waltham Forest in north London and to Brixton in the south of the city.
Some 35 officers have been injured over the two nights of rioting.
Three officers were hurt when a vehicle hit them as they tried to make an arrest in Waltham Forest, east London.
Clashes broke out in Enfield, north London, on Sunday evening where shop windows were smashed and a police car damaged
There have been reports of a gang of up to 200 youths looting shops and charging police in Coldharbour Lane and the High Street in Brixton, south London.
Continue reading the main story Travel disruption
- Brixton Tube station is closed
- Tottenham High Road and Bruce Grove closed between Monument Way and the Roundway
- Lordship Lane closed between the A1010 High Road and Bruce Grove
- Church Street in Enfield closed between Chase Side and Willow Road
- Bus routes 67, 123, 141, 243, 259, 279, 349, 318, 341 and W4 are on diversion
The Met said it had dealt with several incidents of "copycat criminal activity" across the city
- Three officers injured after being hit by a vehicle in Chingford Mount, Waltham Forest, at about 00:45 BST
- More than 30 youths vandalising and looting a number of shops in Walthamstow and Waltham Forest
- Vandalism carried out by about 50 youths in Oxford Circus, central London
- A police vehicle being attacked in Islington, north London
- A Tesco store in Ponders End being attacked and items stolen
In: Regional News
Tags: london riots, brixton, enfield, tottenham, met police
Location: Brixton, England, United Kingdom (UK/GB) (load item map)
Marked as: approved
Views: 6037 | Comments: 35 | Votes: 0 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 11 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 3
|Liveleak on Facebook|