Head of State
Sunday, September 07, 2008
10 Ways in Which, For Women, Sarah Palin Is *Exactly* Like George W. Bush
1) Like Bush, she is completely against a woman's right to choose (in fact, she exceeds Bush in that she is against a woman's right to choose even in cases of rape or incest;
2) Like Bush, she opposes stem cell research to prevent fatal diseases in men, women and children;
3) Like Bush, supports the teaching of Creationism alongside Evolution in public schools;
4) Like Bush, does not believe that Global Warming is man made;
5) Like Bush, has supported abstinence-only sex education methods that have proven ineffective;
6) Like Bush, has virtually no foreign policy experience prior to running for national office--(in Palin's case, despite a 72-year old, chronically ill running mate)
7) Like Bush, has engaged in conduct that has resulted in current government investigation of her actions;
8) Like Bush, has made statements which indicate lack of knowledge of basic elements of the office they are running for (Palin, July 2008: "What exactly does the Vice President do everyday?");
9) Like Bush, has been sequestered to prevent her being asked questions that she has not yet been prepared to answer;
10) Like Bush, talks like a reformer--yet in her actions (i.e., relying on lobbying, supporting the Bridge to Nowhere before she was against it) acts in the most typical, all-too-familiar fashion.
BONUS: Like Bush, secretive--and withholds govt. emails!
DOUBLE BONUS! In a view that even Bush has discarded, Palin still links Iraq to 9-11.
Still willing to put her a heartbeat from the Presidency with a 72 year old candidate?
Click to view image: '225473-palin.jpg'
|Liveleak on Facebook|