Some Stats on Sexual Assault in Canada
- 51% of Canadian women report having experienced at least one incident of physical or sexual violence since the age of sixteen.
- Almost 60% of these women were the targets of more than one such incident.
(Statistics Canada, The Daily. (Ottawa: Canadian Centre for Justice Statistics, November 18, 1993.))
- 29% of women who have ever been married or lived in a common-law relationship have been physically or sexually assaulted by a partner during the relationship
- 21% were assaulted during pregnancy.
(Karen Rodgers, “Wife Assault: The Findings of a National Survey”, Juristat, 14, 9 (Ottawa: Statistics Canada, Canadian Centre for Justice Statistics, 1994): 1, 4, 12.)
- Four out of five female undergraduates surveyed at Canadian universities said they had been victims of violence in a dating relationship.
- 29% reported incidents of sexual a
|Liveleak on Facebook|