(1) Operation Dew Line construction has top priority, Secretary Defense Wilson on tour of top secret bases, 'they will sound the first alarm should air attack come'.
(2) Snark missile first films, using rocket boosters for launch then cruises with jet engine
(3) Ike presents medal for bravery to girl
(4) 75th diamond wedding anniversary for Mr. and Mrs. Miller
(5) Chrysler turbine test car crossed country, arrived in Los Angeles
(6) fashions from Italy
(7) Masters Golf tournament won by Jack Burke Jr won $6000 (complete newsreel)
This 50s newsreel features stories on the building of radar defenses in the Arctic, the testing of new kinds of missiles, an award being given by the President to a girl for saving her mother's life, a couple celebrating their 75th wedding anniversary, a demonstration of an experimental turbine car, a fashion show, and the Master's golf tournament. The turbine car is kind of unusual, but mostly this is pretty ordinary. It does give you a great snapshot of 50s news, though.
|Liveleak on Facebook|