A man convicted of arson in a Phoenix court appeared to swallow something before collapsing and dying after the guilty verdict was read out.
The drama unfolded in Maricopa County Superior Court on Thursday afternoon after ex-Wall Street trader Michael Marin was found guilty of setting fire to his $3.5 million Biltmore mansion because he could not afford the mortgage, Fox reports.
In court room video released of the incident, the 53-year-old appears shocked as the verdict is read out and appears to put something in his mouth before washing it down with liquid in a plastic bottle.
The father-of-four is seen collapsing moments later and convulsing.
Paramedics attempted to revive him but he was later pronounced dead in hospital.
Toxicology reports will be carried out on his body and the water bottle he drank from.
Marin was earlier told he would face 16 years jail if convicted of the 2009 blaze, which he escaped wearing a scuba-diving suit.
In: Regional News
Tags: Man, Collapses, Dies, in, Court, After, Being, Convicted, of, Arson
Location: United States (load item map)
Marked as: approved
Views: 8593 | Comments: 118 | Votes: 4 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 197 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 2
|Liveleak on Facebook|