A tiger choked on a piece of meat and died in the Blijdorp zoo in Rotterdam in front of the eyes of visitors on Thursday.
The 16 years old Tiger Hermes choked and became unwell. The predator had received his usual portion of meat, according to the zoo.
Tiger Hermes became weaker like many older cats suffering from chronic kidney problems.
Whether that has to do with the problems to swallow the piece of meat is not clear.
The zoo said on its website Thursday “it is a tragic combination of circumstances''.
|Liveleak on Facebook|