Blair Mountain, WV (1921), Athens,TN (1946), and OWS (2012)
Leadership by OccupyMARINES and other veteran groups is essential for peaceful resolution of the current US constitutional crisis!
Blair Mountain, WV (1921); Athens, TN (1946); OccupyMARINES, NATGAT, PA (2012)
View as PDF: http://www.scribd.com/doc/100378449/
Los Angeles and Jerusalem, July 18 - comparing the two historic popular insurrections:
- [*]Battle of Blair Mountain (1921) - was led by Coal Miners Union; the US Army suppressed the People, and the Robber Barons won.
- Battle of Athens (1946) - was led by World War II veterans; the US Army did not suppress the People, and the People won.
OccupyMARINES and other veteran groups are critical for the peaceful resolution of the current constructional crisis, since they are the only safeguard today against suppression of the People by the US Government through the use of the US Armed Forces.
12-07-11 OccupyMARINES Press Release (July 8, 2012) - defining document of the Robber Baron Revival Era
 11-12-10 Where should Occupy go next? Civil Disobedience in the footsteps of Thoreau and Gandhi!
 12-06-08 Courts and Judges as racketeering enterprises under RICO (the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act) - key element in the current financial crisis
The Battle of Blair Mountain
By Chris Hedges
July 16, 2012 "Truthdig" - - Joe Sacco and I, one afternoon when we were working in southern West Virginia on our book �Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt,� parked our car on the side of a road. We walked withKenny King into the woods covering the slopes of Blair Mountain. King is leading an effort to halt companies from extracting coal by blasting apart the mountain, the site in the early 1920s of the largest armed insurrectionin the United States since the Civil War.
Blair Mountain, amid today�s rising corporate exploitation and state repression, represents a piece of American history that corporate capitalists, and especially the coal companies, would have us forget. It is a reminder that citizens have a right to resist a corporate machine intent on subjugating them. It is a reminder that all the openings of our democracy were achieved with the toil, anguish and sometimes blood of radicals and popular fronts, from labor unions to anarchists, socialists and communists. But this is not approved history. We are instructed by the power elite to worship at approved shrines�plantation estates erected for wealthy slaveholders and land speculators such as George Washington, or the gilded domes of authority in the nation�s capital.
Battle of Blair MountainFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Battle of Blair Mountain
Part of the Coal Wars
Sheriff's deputies during the battle
DateAugust 25 to September 2, 1921
LocationLogan County, West Virginia, United States
ResultSetback of miners' rights until early 1930s when Federal Government recognized labor unions
Striking coal minersBaldwin-Felts Detective Agency
Logan County Sheriff's Department
West Virginia State Police
United States Army
Commanders and leaders
Bill BlizzardDon Chafin
Initially: 10,000 - 12,000
Casualties and losses
985 arrested10-30 killed
The Battle of Blair Mountain was one of the largest civil uprisings in United States history and the largest armed rebellion since the American Civil War.For five days in late August and early September 1921, in Logan County, West Virginia, some 10,000 armed coal miners confronted 3,000 lawmen and strikebreakers, called the Logan Defenders,who were backed by coal mine operators during an attempt by the miners to unionize the southwestern West Virginia coalfields. The battle ended after approximately one million rounds were fired, and the United States Army intervened by presidential order.
12-04-13 Battle of Athens, TN (1946) � Landmark event in Human Rights and constitutional history of the United StatesREAD MORE:
Anonymous recommends flying the flag upside down, a traditional signal of distress...
Boycott the US presidential vote! It only legitimizes the illegitimate...
12-04-15 2012 Presidential election votes will be counted in Spain
11-12-10 Where should Occupy go next? Civil Disobedience in the footsteps of Thoreau and Gandhi!
12-06-08 Courts and Judges as racketeering enterprises under RICO (the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act) - key element in the current financial crisis
Secede! The US in its current form is simply unmanageable...
12-01-01 Secession - A Smart Business Move!
Get Up, stand up, stand up for your rights! Get Up, stand up, don't give up the fight!
Joseph Zernik, PhD
Human Rights Alert (NGO)
* The 2010 submission of Human Rights Alert to the Human Rights Council (HRC) of the United Nations, regarding the United States, was reviewed by the HRC professional staff and incorporated in the official HRC Professional Staff Report with a note referring to �corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California.�
* The 2012 submission of Human Rights Alert to the HRC regarding the State of Israel, titled "Integrity or lack thereof, of the electronic record systems of the courts of the State of Israel," is scheduled for review in early 2013.
Human Rights Alert online
Flag Counter: 140
Total Reads: 868,060
Total Reads: 50,147
Total Item Views: 664,803+249,012
Facebook Friends: 2,906
Take away justice, then, and what are governments but great bandit bands?
Saint Augustine, Civitas Dei (City of God,4.4)
WHAT DID THE EXPERT SAY ABOUT THE CURRENT FINANCIAL CRISIS?
* "I think it's difficult to find a fraud of this size on the U.S. court system in U.S. history," said Raymond Brescia, a visiting professor at Yale Law School who has written articles analyzing the role of courts in the financial crisis. "I can't think of one where you have literally tens of thousands of fraudulent documents filed in tens of thousands of cases."
Reuters (Jan 22, 2012)
* Foreclosure fraud: The homeowner nightmares continue
CNN (April 7, 2011)
* About 3 million homes have been repossessed since the housing boom ended in 2006� That number could balloon to about 6 million by 2013
Bloomberg (January 2011)
* "...a system in which only the little people have to obey the law, while the rich, and bankers especially, can cheat and defraud without consequences."
Prof Paul Krugman, MIT (2011)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit."
Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted."
Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
* "Innocent people remain in prison"
* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."
LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?
* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California."
United Nations Human Rights Council Staff Report (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE STATE COURTS IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."
Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE CONDITIONS IN THE PRISON IN MONROE COUNTY, TENESSEE?
* "What goes on there is more like gulags of centuries ago."
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES?
* "More than 100 law professors have signed on to a letter released today that proposes congressional hearings and legislation aimed at fashioning "mandatory and enforceable" ethics rules for Supreme Court justices for the first time. The effort, coordinated by the liberal Alliance for Justice, was triggered by "recent media reports," the letter said, apparently referring to stories of meetings and other potential conflicts of interest involving Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas among others."
More than 100 law professors, as reported by the Blog of the Legal Times (February 2011)
WHAT DID CHIEF JUDGE OF THE US COURT OF APPEALS, 5TH CIRCUIT, SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* "The American legal system has been corrupted almost beyond recognition..."
Chief Judge, US Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, Edith Jones, speaking before the Federalist Society of Harvard Law School (February 2003)
WHAT DID THE CHAIR OF THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* In a speech in Georgetown University, Senator Leahy, Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee called for a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" on the US Department of Justice.
Transcript of Senator Leahy speech (2009)
|Liveleak on Facebook|