June 6, 2009
In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate.
US President Obama has been trying to restore the dignity and credibility that America has lost since his election (as US president). Now he has turned to the Muslim world. Besides other preparations for this visit, the western media has been trying to mentally prepare Muslims for Obama`s speech for some weeks. The contents of the speech, which he delivered under the title "Address to the Muslim World" on Thursday afternoon (4 June) in Cairo, did not have anything which could play a crucial role in reducing the hatred between America and Muslims. Obama`s speech lasted for 48 minutes. However, he failed to deliver a clear and true message to the Muslim world. Obama`s speech mainly consisted of symbolic and political terms and its body was vague. Contrary to expectations, there was no sign of practical change in the hostile policy of America towards Muslims. The Supreme Council of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan regards Obama`s speech to the Muslim world as part of the US` misleading slogans and gives the following explanations about it:
Click to view image: '819bf0c00c3c-talibanfighters8.jpg'
File photo of Taliban fighters praying in the outskirts of Kandahar, Afghanistan
1. Barack Obama claims good-will and tolerance towards Muslims at a time when their occupation forces are committing mass murder and disturbing and imprisoning Muslims in Afghanistan and Iraq. They violate their legal rights and mercilessly martyr them to defend their rights. They put them in the most hateful prisons of the world. Given these wild and illegal actions by Americans, Obama`s baseless speech has no importance.
2. As a groundless claimant, Barack Obama justified the occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq by Americans in his meaningless speech. He said the ongoing efforts of their crusader forces against the Muslim nations of these countries were a legitimate struggle to secure US interests. According to national and international laws, the occupation of independent countries and hostile war against their free nations cannot be called a legitimate war.
3. Barack Obama wants to create divisions among Muslims and the Muslim world and to separate Muslims from their real protectors and defence force (mojaheddin) (as published) in line with his hostile policy through such speeches. These Muslim nations have willingly trained and strengthened them (mojaheddin) with their support. He is trying to create divisions among Muslims and to exploit the divisions among them. However, the religious beliefs and relations of Muslims are not so weak that they can be broken by a few words of the supreme commander of the occupation forces like Obama. Today, all vigilant Muslims are engaged in jihad in one way or the other. Therefore, the US war against the mojaheddin is considered a war against all Muslim nations and Islam.
4. He claimed that Americans were not trying to permanently remain and establish military bases inside Afghanistan in Islamic countries like Iraq and Afghanistan and that it did not want to betray the nations of the world. This claim runs counter to the current facts and realities in the region because Americans are currently busy establishing major military bases and airports. They have established 12 new military airports. Some of them are very large where any kind of large military planes can land. This large number of airports and countless number of military bases are established at a time when they do not need even half of them given the number of their forces and daily military flights. This shows that Americans are intending to permanently remain in and occupy the region. Therefore, it is sending additional forces to the region. The countries and nations of the world, particularly the region should stay vigilant to foil their destructive plans in a timely fashion.
5. Obama said that the continuation of war in Afghanistan was costly and politically difficult for him and, therefore, if peace is ensured in the region, American forces will happily leave Afghanistan. It is quite funny that he links the end to the US occupation to the restoration of security in the region. The presence of Americans is the main cause of violence and the current problems in the region. Jihad and resistance against American forces will continue as long as they are present in Afghanistan. If Obama truly wants peace to be ensured in Afghanistan and the region, he should put an end to the (US) military presence and illegal occupation to pave the way for restoration of security. If foreign forces leave (Afghanistan), Afghans will have no intention to harm anyone. No one can use Afghanistan`s soil against the international community.
6. The issues of Middle East, particularly Palestine, were also part of Obama`s address. In his address to the Muslim world, he tried to change the mindset of Muslims (Pashto: la sara warozi) regarding Israelis. He emotionally started the story of the innocence of the Jews. He described Israel as the most innocent and worthy nation of the world and that Muslims, particularly Palestinians, should officially recognize it. He spoke on the holocaust and the massacre of 6m Jews. However, he summarized the nearly 70-year crises in Palestine in a few misleading words. Mass murders are committed every moment (in Palestine). He also instructed Arab leaders to improve their ties with Israel. However, he did not speak about those surrounded in Gaza or about the supply of medicines and basic food items to them. It seems that Obama did not come to the Muslim world with a friendly message, but with an arrogant notion to give instructions (to the Muslim world). He told Muslims what they should do in order to secure the interests of America and Israel. The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan believes that Muslims` hatred will steadily rise towards America until a fundamental and true solution is found to these problems and practical steps are taken. This speech by Obama is another failed attempt to mislead the Muslim world. We call on the entire Muslim nation, particularly the oppressed (Pashto: mostazafo) Muslims to stress continuation of jihad against Americans to defend their soil and religious places. They should fight the infidel forces until they achieve their real freedom and independence.
May God give us strength.
The Supreme Council of Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan
In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Middle East
Tags: America, Muslims, Supreme Council of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, Obama, Barack Obama, Middle East
Marked as: approved
Views: 10160 | Comments: 0 | Votes: 3 | Favorites: 0 | Shared: 0 | Updates: 0 | Times used in channels: 1
|Liveleak on Facebook|